We can partner with your business to help meet your corporate social responsibility goals. Whether you’re looking for a done-in-a-day project or long-term investment of your employees’ talents, our team connects you to agencies that most need your help.
Businesses are a Cornerstone of Building a Stronger Community
Our Business Volunteering program offers Los Angeles businesses a flexible, efficient and professional way to mobilize employees.
Managed Projects for Businesses
Committed to helping you create real impact, we design customized, hands-on group volunteer projects that complement team building, leadership development and philanthropy initiatives. We’ll develop and coordinate all aspects of your company’s volunteer project to meet your business’s interests and goals.
- Service Project Selection: We provide project proposals to Business Partners, including vetting organizations and identifying potential locations and activities. The final project selection will be made by the Business Partner.
- Service Project Management: Volunteer Los Angeles will lead the development and execution of custom projects to accommodate all the Business Partner’s volunteers in close collaboration with the Business Partner. (See below for more details.)
- Volunteer Recruitment: Business Partners serve as the primary recruiter for volunteers (typically employees and/or clients). However, we can assist with recruitment of volunteers from the community at large, if desired.
- Before the project starts, Volunteer Los Angeles will:
- Manage and support project development and pre-event activities.
- Create, in collaboration with the Business Partner, a comprehensive work plan, day-of-event schedule, and contingency plan to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Procure all supplies and materials needed to complete your volunteer projects, and ensure these supplies are in place at project sites prior to the start of your volunteer project.
- Arrange for meals and/or snacks for the event, as needed.
- During the project, we will:
- Greet your volunteers and facilitate sign-ins.
- Assign your volunteers to teams and assign tasks that can be completed within the allotted project time.
- Ensure that every volunteer has work and is comfortable with their assignment.
- Supervise volunteers to ensure safety and that your project goals are met.
- Manage food set-up, if needed.
- Distribute and collect volunteer evaluation forms.
- After the project, we’ll make sure:
- A comprehensive project participant evaluation report and summary post project (based on a volunteer evaluation forms) are generated.
- A post project debrief conference call takes place, including all relevant project players.
Our Managed Projects for Businesses program requires fees paid for services we provide, including project vetting. If you’d just like a short list of potential organizations you can work with directly, please let us know that up front – we’re glad to help!
Contact Jaren Sorkow at email@example.com or 323-450-5080 for more information.